I’ve thought about starting a blog for awhile now but I keep putting it off until I get design and branding figured out. Neither of those have happened yet, but I finally realized that I should start the content and the rest will come in time. Most of that motivation has come from a post I read at Kater’s Acres on the 2015 Polymer Clay Challenge.
I’ve been putting a lot of thought into my current skill level with polymer clay and there are many things I would like to improve on and new techniques I have yet to try. I hope getting in at the start of this challenge will encourage me to make time in my busy schedule for PC each week and keep me held accountable to the challenge.
Since this is also my first blog post, I want to take stock of the things I would like to accomplish or learn in 2015.
- canes – it’s been almost 20 years since I last made a clay cane!
- mokume gane – I’ve only just started trying this technique
- larger jewelry items such as cuff bracelets
- armatures for figures – I usually make smaller figures
- finishing techniques – finger prints aren’t a problem
And last, here are a few photos of the small projects I’ve finished in the past few months.